- Open Waters Initiative
- Bay Ridge 69th Street Eco Dock
- Dyckman Street Eco Dock
- Ferry Transit Program
- Design the Edge
- Harbor Camp
- Task Forces
- Comprehensive Waterfront Plan
- One Stop Permitting
- State of the Waterfront
- Waterfront Revitalization Plan
- Upcoming Events
- City of Water Day
- 2013 Waterfront Conference
- Past Events
- MWA 2012 General Assembly
- 2012 Waterfront Conference
- Conference Sponsors
- Morning Plenary
- Access and Equity Panel
- Adapting to Climate Change Panel
- Emerging Sustainable Harbor Panel
- Ferries Bang for the Buck Panel
- Harbor Coalition: The Heavy Lift Panel
- Harbor Coalition: Waterfront Project Workshop
- Implementing Water Quality Panel
- Lunch Panel: Climate Change
- NJ Comprehensive Waterfront Plan Panel
- Open Up the Harbor!
- Safety and Real Time Water Quality Panel
- Saturday Morning Keynote
- Use Public Money Wisely Workshop
- Wakes Panel
- Waterfront Design Panel
- Waterfront Financing and Governing Panel
- World Class Attraction Panel
- 2012 Heroes of the Harbor Awards
- 2011 Waterfront Conference Floating Follow-Up
- 2010 Waterfront Conference
- CONFERENCE PROGRAM
- Morning Keynote and Plenary Sessions
- Conference Sponsors
- Historic Boats
- Ecology & Economy Workshop
- A Plan to Bring Our Harbor Back to Life
- Future of the Port
- Recreational Revolution
- Opportunities for Green Infrastructure
- Oyster & the Clean Water Act
- Show Us the Money
- Waterfront Edge Design
- A Green Working Waterfront
- Water Mass Transit
- Program Recap
- Climate Change Resiliency
- Dredged Materials Management
- Harbor Education
- Waterfront Action Agenda
2012 Heroes of the Harbor Awards Dinner and Parade of Boats
The Lighthouse - Chelsea Piers - Pier 61, October 9, 2012
6:00 PM - Parade of Boats and Cocktails
7:00 PM - Dinner & Awards
A Benefit for the Metropolitan Waterfront Alliance
The Heroes of the Harbor Awards and Parade of Boats honors extraordinary members of the New York and New Jersey waterfront community whose efforts have helped to improve some aspect of our waterfront. It also raises awareness and critically-needed support for the Metropolitan Waterfront Alliance’s work to transform our harbor into a healthy, thriving, world-class resource for all.
The Heroes of the Harbor Awards and Parade of Boats is a unique evening of fine food, drink, and entertainment set against the backdrop of the waterfront. The event is a perfect opportunity to relax, celebrate and honor some of the region's most distinguished waterfront leaders.
This year’s event will be held on October 9th at the Lighthouse at Chelsea Piers and will honor several people and organizations for their commitments to revitalize and improve the New York City waterfront.
MWA will be honoring restaurateur Michael “Buzzy” O’Keeffe for his visionary leadership in creating and bringing restaurants to the New York City waterfront, such as the River Café and the Water Club, the New York City Economic Development Corporation, and rowers and paddlers who offer free public programming.
We hope that you will join us for this unique waterfront event by reserving tickets or a table today.
If you would like purchase tickets over the phone, please contact Kelley Cunningham at 212.935.9831 ext. 103.
John Atkins · Paul Balser · Kent Barwick · Laurie Beckelman · Paul Beirne · Jennifer Costley · Joan Davidson · Jim Devine · David Gmach · Jack Lusk · Gene Pullo · Kathy Robb · Abby Solomon · Vanita & Jim Solomon · Paige Sutherland · John Watts · Madelyn Wils · Steve Wilson
Susannah Drake · Paul Elston · James Grant · Lee Gruzen · Susan Henshaw Jones · Andrew Kimball · Nell & Robert Kleinschmidt · Anthony Manheim · Constance Rogers Roosevelt · Martha & Robert Rubin · Nancy Webster · Tensie Whelan · Barbara Wilks · Alexa & David Willson
MWA BOARD OF TRUSTEES
John Watts, Chair · Paige Sutherland, Vice-Chair · Kent Barwick, Vice-Chair · Jennifer Costley, Treasurer · Kathy Robb, Secretary · John Atkins · Margaret Ayers · Paul Balser · Laurie Beckelman · Capt. Andrew McGovern · Rich Miller · John Neu · Peggy Shepard · Chris Ward · Steve Wilson · Roland Lewis, President & CEO
EVENT PARTNER OPPORTUNITIES & BENEFITS
Download the invite here.
Download the ticket and event partner form here.
Download the Parade of Boats Sponsor Opportunities here.
Preview Auction Items here.
Place a pre-auction bid here.